*NEW JOB POSTING*
Summer Student 2021
Buffalo Head Environmental Ltd. is seeking a motivated student(s) to join our Arcola team for the summer of 2021. Reporting to the managers of special projects, the summer student(s) will be responsible for assisting with numerous tasks related to vegetation management and monitoring, vegetation assessments, and additional tasks as required.
• Conduct field work related to vegetation management and monitoring;
– (i.e. application of herbicides using quad and ATV spraying equipment; scouting for weeds in native pasture)
• Conduct field work related to vegetation assessments;
– (i.e. documenting site conditions; plant growth assessments in native pasture, hayland, and cropland; soil sampling )
• Complete field data entry;
• Prepare technical reports for summer field work programs; and
• Assist senior staff members with oil and gas related reclamation projects as required.
• Working towards a degree or diploma in an applicable discipline in biology, environmental science, resource management, or agronomy;
• Knowledge of native pasture plants, hayland plants, crops, and/or noxious and nuisance weeds;
• Positive attitude and a willingness to learn;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Strong time management and organizational skills;
• Adaptable and flexible
• Comfortable working outdoors and in remote areas;
• Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel; and
• Valid Class 5 driver’s licence with clean abstract
Preference may be given to a candidate with a pesticide applicator licence, strong plant identification and/or experience in Saskatchewan environmental and oil industries.
Join the herd and be part of Buffalo Head’s expanding operation! We work hard to provide the best possible product for our clients and a rewarding work environment for our team.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume by April 12, 2021 to: [email protected]
Buffalo Head appreciates any interest in the summer student position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Buffalo Head Environmental Ltd. is always on the hunt for good people to join its team. If you’re experienced, highly motivated and want to work in a positive, fast-paced environment, Buffalo Head may be for you. We offer competitive wages and benefits.